Help make our region a safer place to bike! Take the pledge. Show your commitment.
Whatever your reason for biking and whatever kind of bike you ride, we all share two wheels. We also share the road, which means we should obey traffic laws, be predictable and communicate our intentions.Sharing the road is a two-way street—we must show respect for the law and other road users in order to get respect from motorists.
Make the I Bike KNX safe biking pledge online and we’ll send you an “I Bike KNX” helmet sticker! Even better, when you ride your bicycle to Old City Java and show your helmet (adorned with the sticker), you’ll get 10% off your cup of coffee.
I pledge to
- Follow the rules of the road, including stopping at red lights
- Wear a helmet
- Use front & rear lights in the dark
- Ride with traffic, even on one-way streets
- Yield to pedestrians
- On greenways and sidewalks, slow down when passing and say “Passing!”
- Not go back & forth between sidewalks and streets just to avoid red lights or traffic
- Not wear headphones
- Do my part to make Knoxville a safer place to bike, and encourage others to bike too!
Helmet Sticker Discounts
Completed the pledge? Show your helmet, with your I BIKE KNX sticker afixed, to be eligible for year round discounts at these generous retailers.
|Five Bar||Free bread pudding dessert with meal (during May). $1 off a beverage (year-round).|
|Old City Java||10% discount (year-round)|
During May’s Bike Month, a number of retailers offer discounted food and merchandise. Be sure to check out the Bike Month page for details.